We believe every donor has the right:
- To be informed of AUM’s mission, of the way we intend to use donated resources, and of our capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on our governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent audited financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality, if requested.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing AUM will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of AUM or hired solicitors.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.